Join Our Team
FormStudio Architects is progressive and dynamic practice with a diverse project base across Northwest Ontario. We actively pursue unique project opportunities and endeavour to incorporate creative design, green building and energy efficiency in all of our projects.
NOW HIRING INTERMEDIATE TECHNOLOGIST
Form Studio Architects is a multi disciplinary Architectural Firm in Thunder Bay, Ontario. We are looking to hire a permanent full time Intermediate Technologist or Intern Architect for our team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for production of design and construction documentation as well as providing technical support to the principals/staff of the firm. The candidate should have a broad-based knowledge of both construction and construction documentation. This position reports directly to the Principals of Form Studio Architects Inc.
The responsibilities of the Intermediate Technologist / Intern Architect include but are not limited to:
DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION CONTRACT DOCUMENTATION
- Obtain pertinent site measurements and conditions on site.
- Calculate dimensions, square footage, and material quantities.
- Produce detailed dimensional drawings and design layouts for projects, ensuring conformance with specifications and regulatory requirements using both 2-D drafting and 3D Building Information Modeling software.
- Assist with the production of contract specifications using MSWord.
- Confer with Architect/consultant team to determine project details and plan preparation and evaluation of field/existing conditions.
- Prepare reports and document project activities and data.
- Work with the construction contract administrators to resolve any design related site matters that may arise and needing timely attention.
- Communicate effectively and respectfully with the consultant team/contractor/client as it pertains to project and work-related matters.
- Perform other related general office responsibilities as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- must have a broad-based knowledge of both construction and construction documentation. The candidate must also be capable in working both as part of a collaborative team and individually to meet the requirements of project and general office responsibilities.
- Must have the ability to work proficiently with a variety of software applications Autodesk Revit, AutoCAD, Microsoft Word, Excel, and internet browsing software platforms.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects, completing tasks within agreed timelines and have the ability to identify and strategize priority items.
- Should have a college diploma in Architectural Technology or a degree in Architecture with 3 to 5 years experience.
- requires a flexible approach to work hours to accommodate workload and deadlines as required.
Wages will be based on the candidates experience and be based on a 37.5 hour work week.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org